10 Homes That Changed America re-aired March 2017.
10 That Changed America
10 Homes that Changed America
Ten architecturally adventuresome homes that elevated living to an art form.
About the Show
Premiere date: April 5, 2016
10 Homes that Changed America highlights 10 architecturally adventuresome dwellings, which provided Americans with more than just a “roof over their heads” – these homes elevated living to an art form. Meet the talented architects who brought these buildings to life, along with their often-eccentric clients, and the lucky individuals who live in these historic homes today. A primer in domestic architecture, 10 Homes will also offer a lesson in the history of American domestic life, as the evolving design of these homes over time reveals Americans’ changing relationship with nature, technology, and each other. The 10 homes:
- Taos Pueblo – Taos, NM
- Monticello – Albermarle County, VA
- Lyndhurst – Tarrytown, NY
- The Tenement – New York, NY
- The Gamble House – Pasadena, CA
- Langston Terrace Dwellings – Washington, D.C.
- Fallingwater – Mill Run, PA WATCH CLIP
- Eames House – Pacific Palisades, CA
- Marina City – Chicago, IL
- Glidehouse – Novato, CA
A Closer Look at the 10 Homes
10 towns whose builders saw how our environment to change the way we live.